- Amazon Echo Dot is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, provide information, read the news, set alarms and more
- Connects to speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify and TuneIn
- Controls lights, switches, thermostats and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Hive, Netatmo, tado° and others
- Hears you from across the room with 7 microphones for far-field hands-free voice control, even in noisy environments or while playing music
- Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled device
- Always getting smarter – Alexa updates through the cloud automatically and is continually learning, adding new features and skills
Amazon Echo Dot is a hands-free, voice-controlled device with a small built-in speaker—it can also connect to your speakers or headphones over Bluetooth or through a 3.5 mm audio cable to deliver stereo sound to the speakers you choose. Echo Dot connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music, provide information, news, sports scores, weather and more. Prime members can also ask Alexa to order eligible products they’ve ordered before and many Prime products. All you have to do is ask.
Echo Dot can hear you from across the room—even in noisy environments or while playing music. When you want to use Echo Dot, just say the wake word “Alexa” and Echo Dot responds. If you have more than one Echo or Echo Dot, Alexa responds intelligently from the device you’re closest to with ESP (Echo Spatial Perception).
Use Amazon Echo Dot to switch on the lamp before getting out of bed, turn up the thermostat while reading in your favourite chair, or dim the lights from the couch to watch a film—all without lifting a finger… or even raising your voice.
Echo Dot works with smart home devices such as lights, switches, thermostats and more from WeMo, Philips Hue, Hive, Netatmo, tado° and others. compatible smart home connected devices, including starter kits for easy setup.
Coming soon—Echo Dot will support IFTTT (If This, Then That), a third-party service that allows you to create rules (or “recipes”) that automate how your devices, apps and websites work with each other.
Tucked under the light ring is an array of seven microphones that use beam-forming technology and enhanced noise cancellation. With far-field voice recognition, Amazon Echo Dot can hear you ask a question from any direction—even in noisy environments or while playing music.
When you want to use Echo Dot, simply say the wake word, “Alexa”, and Echo Dot lights up and streams audio to the cloud, where the Alexa Voice Service is leveraged to recognise and respond to your request.